This page will be updated regularly as the situation with the pandemic changes. Last update Sept 10, 2020.
In response to government orders and the wishes of our congregation we have moved nearly all church activities online. We look forward to the day when we will worship together again in our sanctuary but we also recognize that our ministry to each other and the community must continue to grow and thrive even during the COVID19 pandemic.
Worship services take place every Sunday morning at 10:30 am, and are publicly available on YouTube and on Facebook. The YouTube videos are on the main page of this site, or on YouTube directly at www.youtube.com/RedlandsUCC. The Facebook videos are on our public Facebook page, www.facebook.com/RedlandsUCC.
We also host a Facebook “watch party” on Sunday mornings where we all watch the videos together and chat with each other as the service goes by. To join the watch party you would need to be in our Facebook group “RUCC members and friends”. You can search for the group in Facebook and ask to join if you are not already part of it.
Finally, Pastor Jill hosts a fellowship hour on Zoom immediately following the service.
Building Use Protocol
This protocol applies to those staff and volunteers who do not have permission to work from the building, but do need to access the building on an occasional basis to perform a limited activity or to gather supplies for their at-home work. If possible, please notify Nancy that you will be in the building or have been in the building so that she may keep a log of people who enter.
- If you don’t feel well, for any reason, stay home. Do not enter the building. Notify Jill if you have been in the building within the last 14 days.
- Have a mask with you. Wear your mask as you enter the building and ascertain that you are alone in the building or able to distance yourself. Masks should fit properly, covering the nose AND mouth in accordance with CPDH guidelines. If you arrive at the building without a mask with you, grab one from the bucket at the office entrance before entering. Additional disposable masks are also available in the office.
- If you are in the building and cannot physically distance yourself from someone else, wear a mask. (It is permissible to remove your mask to eat, provided you are alone in the room.)
- Wash your hands/use sanitizer as soon as you enter the building. There is hand sanitizer available at each entrance.
- Wipe down any surfaces or objects that you’ll be touching with the cleaning products provided. Do not assume it has been done for you.
- Using the cleaning supplies provided, wipe down any surfaces or objects you’ve touched before you leave. Don’t assume the next person will remember to do so.
- Touch points in the building (ie door handles, light switches) are sanitized weekly on Fridays. Cleaning times and frequency will be adjusted as building use increases.
- If you develop symptoms or fall ill during or shortly after having been in the building, notify the church through Jill, alerting us as to when you were in the building, if anyone was with you, and what part of the building you were in. Jill will consult with volunteers familiar with the most recent CDC guidelines and give you further instructions about how long you will need to quarantine/stay home. In accordance with CDC and local health authority guidelines, church leadership will notify other staff or volunteers who may be affected as appropriate, and determine any necessary steps regarding the church facility.