This page will be updated regularly as the situation with the pandemic changes. Last update May 18, 2021.
With great joy we are ready to re-enter our Sanctuary for live worship services, starting on May 23, 2021. For the time being masks and social distancing will be required, and there will be no food in the fellowship subsequently.
Worship services take place every Sunday morning at 10:30 am, and are streamed live publicly on YouTube. The YouTube videos are on the main page of this site, or on YouTube directly at www.youtube.com/RedlandsUCC.
Building Use Protocol
This protocol applies to those staff and volunteers who do not have permission to work from the building, but do need to access the building on an occasional basis to perform a limited activity or to gather supplies for their at-home work. If possible, please notify Nancy that you will be in the building or have been in the building so that she may keep a log of people who enter.
- If you don’t feel well, for any reason, stay home. Do not enter the building. Notify Jill if you have been in the building within the last 14 days.
- Have a mask with you. Wear your mask as you enter the building and ascertain that you are alone in the building or able to distance yourself. Masks should fit properly, covering the nose AND mouth in accordance with CPDH guidelines. If you arrive at the building without a mask with you, grab one from the bucket at the office entrance before entering. Additional disposable masks are also available in the office.
- If you are in the building and cannot physically distance yourself from someone else, wear a mask. (It is permissible to remove your mask to eat, provided you are alone in the room.)
- Wash your hands/use sanitizer as soon as you enter the building. There is hand sanitizer available at each entrance.
- Wipe down any surfaces or objects that you’ll be touching with the cleaning products provided. Do not assume it has been done for you.
- Using the cleaning supplies provided, wipe down any surfaces or objects you’ve touched before you leave. Don’t assume the next person will remember to do so.
- Touch points in the building (ie door handles, light switches) are sanitized weekly on Fridays. Cleaning times and frequency will be adjusted as building use increases.
- If you develop symptoms or fall ill during or shortly after having been in the building, notify the church through Jill, alerting us as to when you were in the building, if anyone was with you, and what part of the building you were in. Jill will consult with volunteers familiar with the most recent CDC guidelines and give you further instructions about how long you will need to quarantine/stay home. In accordance with CDC and local health authority guidelines, church leadership will notify other staff or volunteers who may be affected as appropriate, and determine any necessary steps regarding the church facility.