Redlands United Church of Christ
RUCC is an inclusive, open and affirming faith community reaching out with love, compassion and justice.
Redlands United Church of Christ is accepting applications for the part time position of Youth Director. The Youth Director provides leadership, organization, and spiritual guidance to the participants in the Youth Group (6th-12th grades) of Redlands United Church of Christ (RUCC), including leading meetings, activities, study, and service projects of the youth group. Reports directly to Senior Pastor and coordinates with the Education Area Leader(s). The Youth Director fosters an environment that allows youth to explore issues of faith in a safe and stimulating manner while also facilitating youth integration into the life of the local and broader United Church of Christ (UCC) community. In addition, the Youth Director serves as a role model and mentor to young people in their faith development.
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of a High School diploma. College-level coursework in religious studies, theology and/or progressive Christianity is preferred. Additionally, qualified applicants will demonstrate:
- Ability to work with and relate to youth from diverse backgrounds.
- A progressive Christian faith that is relevant to youth in 6th-12th grades.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- A passion for learning and teaching.
- Ability to work within and promote the congregation’s progressive theology, social justice commitments, and open and affirming witness.
- Ability to nurture and mentor youth from a broad range of beliefs.
- Adherence to the UCC code of ministerial ethics.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with church staff, youth, parents of youth, the church board and the larger congregation.
- Ability to work effectively with technology (computers, internet, social networking, projection equipment, audio visual, etc.).
- At a minimum, plan, develop coordinate and lead:
- weekly study, service and/or recreational activities for youth in both middle and high school groups
- seasonal parties and events
- an annual service and/or mission trip
- opportunities for youth to participate in congregational, association, conference, and/or general UCC church activities
- Regularly communicate via electronic, written, and verbal modes with:
- youth group participants
- parents of youth
- Regularly participate with the youth in the life of the broader congregation
- Coordinate participation of parents and other volunteers in accordance with RUCC policies.
- Submit yearly budget proposals to the Stewards Area and work within approved budget
- Submit end of year report to the President for inclusion in the Annual Book of Reports
- Participate in church staff meetings and church meetings, as appropriate
- Participate in the annual performance evaluation
- Perform other duties as required.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Live Scan/Background check.
Average of 10 hours per week
Probation period is 6 months
Compensation is $20 per hour
Required: Mandatory Reporter Training; Review of Personnel Policies and RUCC Policy for the Safety and Prevention of Abuse of Minors and Vulnerable Adults
To apply, please send a resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.